Friday, October 4, 2013

Build a Network Packet Capture Software

When I doing Computer Security module in the 3rd year of my degree, I had to develop a Network security module. For that I had to capture some network data packets and analyse them. I was in a rush and I needed to use a library to capture data packets. So I spent some time on google to find a suitable library.

Then I found JPCap library. It is a network packet capture library.

Its website describes its usage with this..

The jpcap distribution includes both
  • A tool for real-time network traffic capture and analysis
  • An API for developing packet capture applications in JavaThe jpcap distribution includes both
    • A tool for real-time network traffic capture and analysis
    • An API for developing packet capture applications in Java


JPCap will be useful for you too someday. You can find more details on JPCap web site. "http://jpcap.sourceforge.net/"

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment